Thursday, June 4, 2009

Creative Challenge #14

For the last week I’ve been away from my computer, email and painting…well watercolor and digital painting anyway…

My parents went away on vacation and while they were gone, my sister, husband and I did a mini makeover in their home. My husband installed crown molding in their living and dining rooms and we painted the walls taupe, the ceiling off white, and the trim and moldings white. It was a fun project and my parents returned yesterday to find their home not as they left it…. There were a few casualties – I broke their drapery rod, ruined a rug, and broke a blind, but other than that, they were grateful = )

So, I’m back home and thinking that I need to paint…but what? I have so many projects started and I know I need to work on them, but I just received my latest copy of Corel Painter Magazine and there is a challenge posted. There are a number of images and the challenge is to take one or more of the images and make a digital painting. As soon as I saw the images an idea for a painting popped into my head – I’m not sure if it is a good one, but it is an idea nonetheless and now I am working on a challenge painting.

The images I have chosen to incorporate into the painting are:



From the above images, I have created this preliminary image…





and have painted it a bit to develop this painting…so far anyway. What do you think? It is not my “style” at all, but definitely something to stretch me.



Life provides a series of opportunities to learn and grow – I hope I never tire of being willing to try something new.

1 comment:

Amber said...

It's always good to do something out of your style! However if I ever provided you with the photos for my painting you wouldn't behaving to make this difficult decision!