Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Love Session

What?  Yes, today I would like to share about a Little Love Session -- a Valentine's Day photo session of my friends Bob and Linda's granddaughter Claire.  Claire is the love of their lives, and she thinks her grandparents are pretty special too!  I remember the discussion they held before Claire was even born, asking one another what they wanted to be called.  Linda chose "Nana" and Bob chose "Bif" -- for Bob is Fun.  I just love those two!

Well as I said Claire is the love of their lives and their home is filled with photos of her, including those of photographer Christan Parreira.  Christan takes amazing photographs and he took the following photo of Claire -- along with several others that you can see by going to his blog:


Photograph by Christan Parriera

When I saw the photo I just knew that it would make a great painting, so I contacted Christan and asked permission to paint Claire's portrait.  He and his wife so graciously agreed, so here it is...the painting created from Christan's wonderful photograph...




To learn more about Christan or to contact him about a photo session for you, please check out his blog at http://www.christanp.com/index.html
 
And, if you are interested in having a portrait painted of your favorite person, pet, place or favorite thing, please contact me to discuss.
 
Today's Quote:  "Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation." ~Lois Wyse

No comments: