Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Digital Paintings

I know all seems quiet on the blogging front, but I really have been busy. The Morro Bay Collage is STILL in process, however I want to extend a special thanks to those of you who voted on the light vs. dark sky for the Morro Bay Collage. The light sky won out and Jennifer, Amber, Joel and a fourth person, Robin will all receive a Morro Bay Collage card once the artwork is complete.

I was juried in at a gallery in Morro Bay, to add “digital paintings” as an art medium. Knowing that the Morro Bay Collage still had a long way to go, I painted a couple of fairly quick paintings of some sailboats that I had photographed recently…and a view of Morro Rock, from the Morro Bay Estuary. Both were painted using the methods I detailed previously.



Morro Estuary ©2009 Deborah Jeffrey

I also did a quick traditional watercolor painting of Morro Rock. I’m learning that at the gallery, you can’t have enough Morro Rock or poppy paintings = )


Sunset at Morro Rock ©2009 Deborah Jeffrey

I hope you are planning on having a memorable Memorial Day weekend…and if you are looking for a place to visit, Morro Bay is always an option!

No comments: