Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pet Portraits

Since we are talking pet portraits, I thought I would share a recent commission...

Bob totally surprised his wife by commissioning a memorial portriat of their beloved Shammy. Bob was so excited about giving this gift to his wife, and I was thrilled to be involved in this special project. Bob had the protrait framed and presented the gift to his wife for Christmas. She contacted me after Christmas and her comments follow:

Dear Deborah I just wanted to tell you how much I loved the beautiful painting you painted of my Shammy. You captured his essence, and I feel closer to him each time I look at it. Thank you for all the hard work you put into the painting - I absolutely love it, and it means the world to me! When I received
it from Bob, there were many, many tears, but they were good tears. Thanks again, Margaret


It doesn't get much better than that! I just love painting portraits!

No comments: