Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy What?

Yesterday, February 19, 2009, my husband and I received a Christmas card from our friends, David & Melba. The letter enclosed wished us a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine’s Day, Happy St. Paddy’s Day, and then went on and filled us in on the current events. As I read the card and letter I was so happy to receive it and learn what is going on in the lives of my friends. When I finished I just had to say, yeah David & Melba for sending it out…in spite of the fact that it is now the middle of February.

I’m serious. I cannot tell you how many times I have purchased or made cards with the good intentions of sending them out. I’ll even fill them out, but, for some reason, I won’t have stamps, or I don’t make it to the post office, etc. and before you know it, the holiday or occasion has come and gone and I’m too embarrassed to send out my cards.

Well, thanks to yesterday’s out-of-the-blue Christmas card, I hit on an idea. Why not make a somewhat humorous all-occasion card. And so, last night I started drafting my ideas. I came up with two designs – the first is a combination of holidays and occasions rolled into one picture, and the second is a series of holiday and special occasion illustrations. For each of the designs, you wish the person a “Happy…” and then check the appropriate box or boxes.

Design 1

Design 2
The card is still in the design stage, and will be watercolored once the design is finalized. In the meantime, I would love to know what you think of the idea, which design you prefer, and any suggestions that you might have for bringing this all-occasion card idea to completion. You can share your comments by posting a comment or emailing me. I look forward to hearing your comments and will post more photos as the card is “refined”.

Have a happy….

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great idea.

I like the second one better, but that might be because I can't see the first design as well.