Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Excuse me, but what's up with your face?

Last weekend my husband and I drove down to Southern California to visit our families. We spent Saturday night at my parent’s house, which meant I needed to pack an overnight bag. The next morning I got up, got myself together, put on my make-up and we went to church, where my sister introduced me to her friends, etc. After church we went back to my parent's house to say our good-byes. We jumped in the car and headed home. When we got home we played with the dogs, grabbed a light dinner, watched a little TV and went to bed. The next morning I got up, went through the whole morning routine again. Throughout the day I went to work, to the grocery store, and to Starbucks. I talked with numerous people, went home, talked with a friend on the phone, made dinner, took care of some things around the house, went into the bathroom to wash my face, looked in the mirror...looked in the mirror AGAIN and thought what the heck? My face color was very strange indeed. It was then that I realized I must have packed the wrong make-up foundation, and for two days walked around looking like Grace Jones in the face and Grace Slick in the body. You see, I have two make-up shades that I use – medium beige in winter and tan in the summer. Well my face is definitely winter beige right now, so the summer tan is not even close to being the right shade for the season.

I am the kind of person who will tell you if you have lipstick on your teeth, your skirt tucked into your pantyhose, broccoli stuck between your teeth, or mascara on your forehead, etc. And so, I give you permission – if you EVER see me with a brown face and a beige body, please say something (to me = ) about it.

As you can see, today’s blog has nothing to do with art. So let’s lighten things up a bit and you tell me about one of your most embarrassing moments.

Remember, laugh often and don’t take yourself too seriously!

Deborah

No comments: