Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I know, I know, Thanksgiving hasn't even been celebrated and I'm already planning for Christmas!

My family draws names for our family gift exchange, and then we purchase or make something for the individuals whose names we have drawn. We all start out with great intentions of buying or making our gifts early, but year after year SOME of us end up in a mad rush. I am so thankful that last year I followed through and got things done early. I was so relaxed and as we gathered together, I was truly able to celebrate the REASON for the season. I like that peace and joy that I was able to experience, and fully intend to get things done early this year also.

What's on my Easel...
I'm amazed at how many people collect snowman "things," but that knowledge helped me focus on this year's offering of handpainted ornaments and Christmas cards. Each ornament is an original, hand signed, miniature painting. Each original painting is framed in a hanging ornament frame, and comes with a certificate of authenticity. Following are some examples of the framed, miniature originals -- they will be added to my Etsy shop tonight, and more will be added throughout the holiday season.


Snowman Christmas Cards will also be offered individually and in sets...


From the Jewelry Box...
Today the jewelry box holds three new simple, but elegant earring sets. Each set is made with Sterling Silver ear wires and Sterling silver, glass, and Swarovski Crystal beads.


Cover to Cover...
The book printers have done an excellent job in providing all of the information we need to move forward. At this stage in the game, I am drawing rough sketches of each page. Once I have a few more done, they will be submitted to the author for comment/suggestions, etc. The rough sketches will then be refined a bit, and once we agree that they tell the story, they will be made into "formal" illustrations.

Today's Quote...
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers

3 comments:

Amber said...

Deborah!! I am SO excited to see the snowman sneak preview!!! I am also impressed with how on the ball you are. It makes me think that I should do the same. I owe a friend some homemade stockings that I was supposed to make LAST YEAR.

Robin said...

I like the snowman gazing up at the star. And am also awed at your gift progress. I'm usually wrapping presents in the car on the way to the celebration.

Deborah "Deb" Jeffrey said...

Thank you Amber and Robin for your comments. Amber, you are such a gad-about I wonder how you get anything done, but I have EVERY confidence that you will get your homemade stockings done...

Robin, that is one of my favorite snowmen too -- The title on that card is "Star of Wonder" -- in regards to wrapping presents in the car, you are so organized I am certain you have a wrapping station set up in the back of the van and it is all part of your time management plan = )