Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Reason to Celebrate...

Happy Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day!

Happy WHAT you may ask. Bonza Bottler Day is something we are celebrating today at work. I'd never heard of it before, but evidently it is celebrated once a month when the number of the month coincides with the number of the day (Jan 1 [1/1]; Feb 2 [2/2] etc). When the number of the year also coincides with the number of the day and month, it is called a Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day. Bonza means "super," "great," or "fantastic." "Bottler" is slang for "something excellent," and "Bodacious" means "extraordinary, impressively great in size, or enormous." And since today is 09/09/09, we are celebrating a Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day.

So, how does one celebrate a BBB? Well, today at work we are supposed to wear "something" on our head. You just knew I had to bring "art" into it, so I made a palette hat. I found a melamie plate and acrylic paint set at the dollar store, glued them together and modified a plastic cup for the hat part.

So here I am, prepared to celebrate a Bodacious Bonza Bottler Day...

Quote for the Day...

"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!" ~ Barbara Hoffman

2 comments:

Robin said...

I lurve your chapeau. If I'd known I would've celebrated too.

Deborah "Deb" Jeffrey said...

Hi Robin:
Thanks for your comment -- I know, huh...I'd never heard of it before either! Oh well, now you know and can prepare to celebrate 10/10 = )