Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's on My Easel...
With the Tribute to Francis painting completed, I decided to try my hand at an animal portrait, of sorts. This drawing is from a photograph I took in the Cal Poly Canyon. The painting is being painted in Corel Painter XI, using the Artists/Impressionist brushes for the underpainting, and Pastel brushes to finalize. The painting will be called, "A Little Bit Country".

Step 1 - the drawing...
Step 2 - underpainting (Artist/Impressionist brushes) and beginning detail on the cow...

Step 3 - work out the colors and detail using Pastel brushes...


From the Jewelry Box...

The jewelry box is filling up fast -- following are a few of the latest designs...





Cover to Cover...
Work on the book continues. The text is divided among the pages and I am working on rough draft sketches. I've been drawing the sketches into a sketchbook in random order and at this point they are just "gist" sketches. I now need to scan them and add them to the text pages to see how they look. Once I have a visual, I can see what sketches need to be "revised" to ensure that some images take up the whole page, some cover a spread of 2 pages, some have a margin around them, some are toned differently, etc. -- in other words, to ensure that they are not all the same. We want to make sure that each page is different and catches the reader by surprise.
Today's Quote...
"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art." ~ Oscar Wilde

No comments: