Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Blast from the Past...

I needed a Mom and Dad fix and spent a part of the weekend down in Southern California visiting my parents and sister. The visit was short, but sweet.

Once again my Mom sent me away with something from my past, but I’ll get to that after I share an update on…

What’s on My Easel…

First, the dog commission I have been working on is going rather slowly. There were some revisions made to the basic drawing, and I’m at the point where it will either be completed as a digital painting, or I will have to begin again to make it a traditional watercolor portrait…

I didn’t spend much time on the Tribute to Francis painting, so the progress is going very S-L-O-W-L-Y. I hid the purple flower, in order to work on the yellow one, and this is where I am.



I hope to have more to report on this painting soon!

From the Hope Chest…

I have no idea when I made these clay masterpieces = ) My Mom says there was a kiln at the elementary school I went to, so she is pretty sure I made them at some point during my K-6 years.



I have no idea why I made a dauschund…unless it was a beagle gone wrong. The turtle, I’m pretty sure was influenced by our ever present land turtle named General Patton. He hung out in our backyard and ate hibiscus flowers.

From the Jewelry Box...

It is hard to believe, but I have nothing to report today. I purchased the beads, but I just haven't made the next project yet. It is a bracelet for my great-niece, Drina. I learned that she makes bracelets, so I wanted to make one for her using her favorite light aqua color, and include one or more of the encouraging word beads that are so popular right now. I need to finish it by this weekend, so I'll be sure and post a photo next Tuesday.

Today’s Quote: “It took me four years to paint like raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” – Pablo Picasso

6 comments:

blogger said...

really a nice images and a fantastic blog

Deborah "Deb" Jeffrey said...

Shail -- thank you so much for your nice comment!

Amber said...

Those wood carvings are awesome! Nice job in saving them mom!

Deborah "Deb" Jeffrey said...

Amber, thanks for your comment... I realized I didn't say they were "clay" -- I've never done woodcarving -- hmm, maybe I should take up whittling...

Deborah "Deb" Jeffrey said...

Amber, thanks for your comment... I realized I didn't say they were "clay" -- I've never done woodcarving -- hmm, maybe I should take up whittling...

Mahesh Pujari said...

Wow I can understand how did u feel to see your childhood days work, which are cute, gr8 talent.... :)

And thanks for the comments on my blog, its really very encouraging...