Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"A Tribute To Francis" update

What is on my easel...
The acrylic painting, “A Tribute to Francis” is coming right along. Last Thursday’s post showed the background colors being added and blended, the next step is to start building the leaf layers. The leaves are painted onto a separate layer in a flat wash.

Highlight and shadow colors are then added in and all are blended together.

The above technique is used to add the various layers of leaves…

Once the leaves are in, I add a flat wash where the flowers will go…


This is today’s stopping point. Next time I will begin defining the flowers by adding the highlight, shadow and midtone areas.


From the Jewelry box ...

My friend Karen celebrated her ##nd Birthday on Saturday. I put my newly acquired wire-wrap skills into use and made her a sterling silver, Peridot and Apatite necklace. It's funny -- I picked out the stones for her necklace based on the "natural" color clothing she wears. I learned later that Peridot is her birthstone -- I love it when things like that happen!


Okay, by now you should know that I didn't stop there. I made two bracelet and earring sets -- each made with shells and other stones and findings...



Today's Quote: “Painting from nature is not copying the object, it is realizing one’s sensations.” – Paul Cezanne

No comments: