Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Tribute to Francis II

Back in April I posted a message about the story behind the Irises that were growing in my garden. Well I am finally starting the painting entitled "A Tribute to Francis." This will be a digital acrylic painting and this is what I’ve done so far…

Step 1 – the drawing and composition stage…
First, I drew the irises…

Then I added the leaves, and where they would be placed for a pleasing composition.

Step 2 – the painting stage…
First, I filled the page with a flat wash of yellow (I use yellow as the background color so that it glows through the top layers).

Second, I added random marks on the page, using colors that will be incorporated into the painting at some point.

Third, I added another layer of marks

Then blended those random marks together, for a soft kaleidoscope of color

Next, I added more random marks, this time using shades of purple and yellow, where the irises will be placed.

This is the stopping point for today, but check back again soon for an update.



From the jewelry box…
Uh oh, this jewelry making is becoming addicting. I "whipped up" these earrings a week ago to go with the black and white outfit I wore to the office today!

Today’s Quote: A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. - Anonymous

No comments: