Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Like to Steal Away…

Well, I thought I did, until I looked up the “proper” definition of Steal Away and found that it means to, “Leave furtively and stealthily - slip away, sneak away, sneak off, sneak out.”

I’m not actually sneaking off – just trying to get away during my lunch hour and read or paint. Anyway, since I just finished my most recent “read,” I decided to take my field painting kit and start a miniature painting.

My kit consists of a small plastic basket that I picked up at the dollar store. It is filled with a set of Watercolor Pencils, a miniature watercolor paint set (filled with my favorite paints), a collapsible brush, two bottles of water (one “clean” and one “dirty”), painter’s tape, a 4x6 pad of watercolor paper, a rag, pencils and waterproof pens, and business cards…(because you never know who you will run in to).

I thought the following tree in one of our local parks was beautiful,

So I sketched out a portion of it and will continue to work on it during my lunch hours until it is finished.
This painting is small, but will probably take awhile to finish – after all, I only have an hour to “steal away”, grab a bite, paint, and get back to the office.

Today’s Quote: “Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.” -- Pablo Picasso

No comments: